Be very careful what you eat, no matter how hungry you think you are May. In survival mode, the best thing you can do is increase the intake of high calorie food. Check the list of Calories Lowering Foods to know the products you shouldn't eat.
In the Military Schools:
Boot Camp is made for you to succeed, not to fail. You'll never be asked to do something you can't handle. Here are 7 tips to getting the most out of boot camp:
- Run, run, run. The better shape you are in the easier boot camp will be. Be in shape before you get there.
- Check your attitude. Drill sergeants and instructors want you to learn because it may save your life some day. Fighting the game wastes energy.
- Look out for your buddy. Nothing impresses people more than quietly taking care of the person next to you. Remember boot camp is a team sport.
- Bring your game face. Get up for it. It can be the greatest time of your life. Don't show emotion; it's part of the game. Don't be a wimp.
- It's only temporary.Basic training doesn't last forever. There's a goal and a future. You'll have down time and do things that are really fun. Your military career won't be like boot camp.
- Don't be a loner. Make friends because you are in it together. Keep in touch with family and friends at home too. Don't let others in your unit be loners.
- Study early. Know the phonetic alphabet and other military knowledge before you go. For the Army, know the Initial Entry Training book and the Army general orders.